Why the name The Vintage Fairy Godmother?


I love vintage fashion and I get a LOT of ladies asking me where I get my clothes. Since I am always willing to share my good fortune with others, I started passing on the word. Word of mouth can be exhausting so I started carrying the cards of places I frequented and passing them out whenever there was an inquiry( I still do actually). As much as I enjoy spreading the vintage love, I am not an organized person and having scads of cards in my wallet was not helping the messy black hole that is my purse so? I started this blog. I plan to post pictures of all the great stuff I have purchased, include links to my favorite stores and maybe show off some vintage hair? The possiblities are endless.Enjoy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

2 Shops I Heart,Appreciation pictures of my purchases and? "I was a Vintage Snowbunny"

The next two shops I am featuring are Bombshellbettiesvintage and AdelaideHomesewn.   I didn't check my email until after I posted this, hence the change in shops. Girlwhowearsglasses tomorrow! If you simply cant wait,you can check out her blog for a sneak peek at the woman behind the store! Girl who wears glasses .

Onto the goodies!
I absolutely LOVE these two ladies shops and the outfits Ive bought have been reasonably priced, good quality and most importantly, unique. And the service is super friendly and fast!
Here are some pictures of a dress I purchased from Bombshellbettiesvintage. This dress totally had a story behind it, which you know I loved.  According to Bettie, this 40's dream dress belonged to a Dr's wife who only wore her dresses  two or three times before she simply went and bought a new one!
 Ah to be that wealthy, and to have that much closet space!


Here are a few of my favorite items in her store. First let me tell you that I love the way her store is organized, its done by waist size! If you have a small waist like I do, that can be a godsend!
Love this dress, the model looks so cute in it! All she needs are some jeweled heels, a fur coat and a cigarette holder and she is good to go.
This next piece is a 60's fashionistas DREAM! I'm not even a big fan of the 60's and I want this. Look at the detailing at the neckline. Its only $34.00's people.That's like giving it away!
The other neat thing about this store is the creativity of the shop owner! She MADE this. With her own little hands! I am always super impressed by people that make things that I cant.I don't know about you, but I cant make that. She's got pin ups and blue birds and robots(I do love me some robots). Reasonably priced too!

To see even more lovely items go to Bombshellbettiesvintage. You can follow her on Twitter, or Facebook or, she has her very own blog you can visit !

The next shop I am featuring I have frequented so much that I had to ban myself from looking for a few weeks! AdelaideHomesewn.
Here is a picture of a sweater dress I bought from her that has a full skirt! If you love sweater dresses you know how hard it is to find a full skirted one! This is my Veronica Lake hair.


My solution to not breaking my own bank is to pass the word on of her gorgeous goodies to you!
This  late 40's early 50's dream dress reminds me of long walks on grassy knolls, walking through the pumpkin patch with your One N Only and necking in parked cars desperately trying to keep your skirt down as you struggle to maintain your virtue.
I love the 30's but don't really own any outfits from the period because it just... doesn't look right.I don't know why. Ce st la vie ,my loss is your gain no?
Here is a gorgeous 1930's frock that makes me think of lunch with the girls followed by a date with your sweetheart to the drive in. Popcorn anyone? Side note: Its a Gay Gibson!

This last dress makes my little vintage lovin heart flutter. I saw that and thought "That is a Grace Kelly dress if I ever did see one! I could totally see her wearing this in Rear Window no? Doing a slow turn for Jimmy?

See all these and much more at her store !


Whats with the Vintage Snow bunny in the title of this post eh? Well, my Lover Man and I went to visit his family in Ohio for Christmas. I knew it was going to be SUPER COLD but that was not going to be an excuse to dress like an Eskimo. I was determined to be as cute as possible and still be warm.I was not prepared to sacrifice any fingers or toes for the sake of fashion. So I started looking around online for some hair ideas when all of a sudden I was struck with an Epiphany.A fashion epiphany but an Epiphany nonetheless.  Do you remember Betty Grable in "How to Marry a Millionaire"?  When she went up to the "lodge" and met her husband to be? 


That's what I was inspired by. With my huge huge suitcase, no makeup on and pants tied with a hair band. Seeeex-ay! ;-)

Here's me getting ready for Christmas Eve dinner at Mom V's.
The Finished product:

I was wearing a hat but didn't really get to many pictures that show it except this one. Say hello to my Lover Man!

That was my attempt at "Loco" hair.

Tomorrows post will be be featuring Girlwhowearsglasses and the Vintage Point Shop! Plus musings on why I love "Yours Truly Johnny Dollar" and other OTR Archives. I might even throw in a picture of the chicken painted on slate that Gramma F made me. Its so charmingly 40's  that I just cant decide where to put it! Should it go in the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, the hall? I just dont know.
Till tomorrow. Tis twenty years till then.
Your VFG




2 comments: